21K Half Marathon Prize Money
10K Timed Run Prize Money
Prize money rules and regulations
The prize money shall be given to winners in the form of Cheques/NEFT only.
The winners’ names in the different categories will be announced at the conclusion of the races. However, this will be a tentative list, subject to final analysis and confirmation by the Race Officials and Timing authority.
To ensure a fair and free distribution of the Prize money, the winners will have to sign and submit a declaration, agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations. The winners may be asked to provide original documents for identification and age proof.
The winners’ cheques will be sent by registered post or NEFT, within 30 working days after the event, once the winners’ list has been ratified by the officials and there are no conflicting claims over any particular Prize / Ranking.
** Prize Money winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules as applicable and taxes, if deductible, would be borne by the winner.
1] Any runner, who is one of the Top Overall Half Marathon/10K finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Table.
2] The first three finishers from each of the General Age group categories will be entitled to the prize money in their respective General Age group category.
However, if a runner from a General Age group category ends up among the First Three winning positions of the Open category, then he/she will be entitled to receive BOTH the prizes ; the prize from the Open category as well as the Prize in his / her own age group category.
3] Finish positions of all the Half marathon (men and women) finishers for prize money entitlement will be based on the GUN TIME alone. [ NOT CHIP TIME ]
In addition to the above rules, entitlement to Finish/Podium positions and prize money winnings are subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials.
- Race day images will be screened visually after the race and if any participant is found wearing a running bib not allotted to him/her, the participant registered for that running bib will be disqualified from the race and the Event’s subsequent editions.
Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
4] Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the organizers, for disbursement of prize money.
5] Winners from outside India will receive prize money equivalent in US Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate.
6] Protests and Appeals:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Race Referee in relation to the Official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results of relevant race category on race day.
- The protest letter needs to be submitted at the Result Appeals Desk along with a Protest Fee of INR 1,000/-
7] The winners should not remove their bibs before Prize distribution ceremony.
8] Their bibs should be clearly visible during the prize distribution ceremony, not covered by jackets etc.
9] In case any question arises or a controversy exists that is not already covered by the prize/ranking rules, the decision of the Organisers [ 5 Peaks Runners Club ] will be FINAL .
10] Organiser’s decision on rankings and entitlements of prize money will be final and binding on all.